Bus Transportation | 2 Cedar Rapids Kernels Games | 1 Night Hotel
** Exclusive Social With Minnesota Prospects **
Unlike any other trip we offer, this tour gives guests the unique opportunity to eat lunch with select players from the Minnesota Twins Minor League farm system affiliate, Cedar Rapids Kernels, including former-Twin, & hitting coach of the Kernels, Tommy Watkins!
* Bus: Our bus will depart early Friday morning at 7:00 AM. The WalMart in Woodbury (~15 minutes east of St. Paul) will be our departure area. You are more than welcome to leave your cars there for the duration of the trip.
* Beverages: Coolers for beverages and snacks are strongly recommended for the ride out.
* Arrival & Luncheon: We will head straight to the restaurant in Cedar Rapids (TBA) where we will be greeted by former-Twin, and Kernel hitting coach Tommy Watkins, and several other members of the Kernels organization. This is your big chance to talk baseball with the future of the Minnesota Twins organization. Our experience last year was so unique, and we expect much of the same, and more, this year. These players are quite affable, and are just as wild about the game of baseball as you are. [Please note that food costs involved with lunch are not provided by Territory Train.]
* Hotel: After lunch we’ll head over to our hotel, check in, unload our luggage, rest up a bit, etc.
* Pre-game: There are a couple things we’d like to accomplish before the game: 1) check out a little bit of downtown Cedar Rapids and possibly visit a local haunt for refreshments, and 2) arrive at the ballpark in time to catch any fielding or batting practice the group desires.
* Game: The game will begin at 6:35 PM. Keep score, talk to the locals, fight over a foul ball — do what you do best. Enjoy yourself. We’ll all be sitting together with a great view of the action.
* Post-game: The bus will be waiting for us where we left it. For those interested in going out after the game to a lively part of Cedar Rapids, the bus will drop us off in a centralized location of town to take in some local flavor. And anybody else who would like to go back to the hotel and rest up, the bus will head that direction immediately after the game as well. Those out on the town can also count on our driver to take them home at the end of the evening as well. We play it safe on the Train.
* Wake up: We’ll likely plan on checking out around 10:00-11:00 AM. After all is said and done, hopefully we can find some time to go into town and find a place to enjoy some brunch (TBA) for a little bit.
* Pre-game: We’ll head over to the ballpark early enough to catch some fielding and batting practice.
* Game: Game will start at 2:05 PM. One last chance to see the boys shine before we head north.
* Post-game: We’ll stay from beginning to end. And once the game is complete, we’ll hop back on the bus, for, roughly, a 9:00 PM return time to the Twin Cities.
Start off with just a $100 deposit today. Check our price guide here.
We only ask for a $100 deposit per guest. You can submit payment individually, or one group leader can pay the full sum. The remainder of the balance is due two months before departure — April 29, 2013.